Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Sixteen Weeks
How far along? 16 weeks. December 15, 2011
Weight: 132.5 lbs.
Maternity clothes? I was able to pick up two pairs of jeans, a pair of brown work pants, and a pair of yoga pants for just $40 at Clothes Mentor (a consignment shop that carries a fair selection of maternity clothes). I've also had a few friends loan me their clothes from when they were pregnant last year. So far the only thing I've been wearing are the jeans. I was using the rubber band trick until about 14/15 weeks, but the maternity jeans are just so much more comfortable. I've also been wearing the yoga pants since I got them. Another friend loaned me her belly band, which I'll use with my work pants when I go back after Christmas break.
Stretch marks? haven't stretched enough
Sleep: I'm still getting up to go to the bathroom 2-3x a night, even though all the books say that's supposed to subside a bit in the 2nd trimester. However, I haven't had any other issues with sleeping yet, which is good because I sure do love my sleep.
Exercise: I finished the turkey trot in 30:06, so it's about two minutes slower than last month's 5K but still a decent time. I'm still running 2-3x a week, trying out the elliptical every now and again at the gym, and working on strength training without adding more weight.
Best moment this month: As taxing as it was, the Christmas program was an amazing experience. I was able to dance, be part of the drama, and sing! We had four performances last weekend, and I was utterly exhausted by the end, but it was such a blessing to be involved.
Miss anything? Excedrin. I've been getting almost daily headaches the last couple weeks, but I'm only allowed to take Tylenol. The doctor did say taking it with caffeine might help, but I'm still trying to hold off on both except for when the headaches are really bad. The nasty weather isn't helping.
Movement: Hopefully soon... I can't wait.
Food Cravings: nothing unusual
Gender: We will find out on January 9th. Let the countdown begin!
Symptoms: headaches, congestion, forgetfulness (aka "pregnancy brain")
Emotions: Honestly, I've felt a little detached the second trimester. We're past the initial excitement of finding out and telling people, and because my belly hasn't really popped yet and I don't have very strong symptoms, it's almost like I don't feel pregnant. I haven't touched a baby book in a few weeks, but I am still happy and feel like I have lots to look forward to. Right now, I think we're more focused on the holidays and our upcoming travel. I expect things to feel more real after the new year and our next ultrasound.
Looking forward to: Definitely our trip to Arizona, sunshine, warmth, seeing friends and family, and my baby shower.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment