Thursday, January 12, 2012

20 Weeks - Halfway There!

How far along? 20 weeks. January 12, 2012
Weight: 138 lbs.
Maternity clothes? I'm still wearing regular work pants with the belly band, but I've thrown some maternity pants into the mix too. I'm so grateful for all the great loaners I've gotten from people. My tops are still working out okay, but I also have a few cute maternity ones that I've been wearing too.
Stretch marks? still free of these...
Sleep: Sleep has become a bit uncomfortable, which I find strange since I still don't have much of a belly. I attribute it to the unseen changes that are happening in my joints and muscles as my prepares to make more room for Dumpling. To help...
Exercise: Must do more yoga! During our Christmas vacation to AZ, I only ran twice and did yoga once, but since I've been back, I have been trying to get back to the swing of things. My goal right now is to run 10 miles a week, do yoga three times a week, and get in two strength-training sessions. I met my goal last week and am on track again for this week.
Best moment this month: Definitely going to our 2nd trimester ultrasound, though our trip to AZ comes in a close second (family, friends, great food, an awesome baby shower!)
Miss anything? I miss having a flat belly sometimes, like when I'm shaving or putting on socks. Again, it's not even that big, yet somehow it is already getting in the way. I can't imagine what I'll feel like in another month or two. At the same time, I am absolutely loving watching myself grow because it means the baby is growing too :)
Movement: I started to feel a few flutters around 18 weeks, but it wasn't very definitive movement. It has been growing stronger this last week though, so now I'm sure that is what I'm feeling. Loving it! Michael is really looking forward to being able to feel the baby from the outside.
Food Cravings: chocolate and sweets, though it may not be pregnancy related
Gender: It's a boy!! We were both a bit surprised, Michael especially so. He really thought it was going to be a girl. I was torn and would have been surprised either way. We are thrilled (but totally clueless on a name)!
Symptoms: congestion, achiness, insomnia
Emotions: a dawning sense of reality, continued excitement, a little anxiety (especially as we work on our registry)
Looking forward to: finising our registry and getting the nursery ready
20 week ultrasound - it's a boy!

20 week ultrasound - check out that cute face (aka alien)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber! so fun to see your comment on our blog, and so so great to see you expecting! We're thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete