How far along? 24 weeks. February 9, 2012
Weight: 143 lbs. - I know it is completely within the normal range and that I need to gain a healthy amount of weight for the baby, but I remember weighing this much before and how much work it took to lose it, so it is difficult sometimes not to freak out about the watching the numbers increase on the scale.
Maternity clothes? I'm pretty much in all maternity clothes now. I still wear a few non-maternity tops that are working, but all my pants are coming from the maternity section these days. I'm thinking about checking out Clothes Mentor again for a few new (used) pieces.
Stretch marks? I'm checking regularly but have not found any yet.
Sleep: I'm only getting up about once a night now for the bathroom, which is nice. I've been sleeping better since I increased how often I do yoga and stretch.
Exercise: Setting goals really is the best way for me to stay motivated. I have run about 10 miles a week, done yoga three times a week, and done a strength training routine twice a week this past month. I started attending a BodyFlow class at my gym, which combines pilates, tai chi, and yoga moves. The instructor has been great with helping me modify some of the movements, and I am really enjoying it. There is also a new yoga class on Saturdays that I want to check out. I prefer the classes so much over the videos.
Best moment this month: The night (January 28th, I think) that dumpling was kicking me hard enough that I said to Michael, "Put your hand here and tell me if you can feel this," and he did and could! It was a moment I had been anticipating for a couple weeks, and I just loved being able to finally share our baby's movements with dad :)
Miss anything? I had been missing being able to lay on my back, but I checked with my doctor recently, and he said I can continue until I get uncomfortable and that I will be able to tell when it starts to cause problems. Yay! I still can't lay on my stomach, but I don't miss that as much.
Movement: As I mentioned, Dumpling is now strong enough that we can feel him from the outside. Not all his movements are that strong, and I can't anticipate them, but it's fun when I can just put my hand on my belly and feel his little pops come through. Sometimes I even see them!
Food Cravings: I'm starting to wonder if these are a myth. I hear plenty of talk about pregnant women having cravings, but I honestly haven't had any really strong or unusual cravings at all so far. I suppose, like everything else, it is different for everyone.
Gender: I think I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that we are having a boy. Sometimes I just still think of Dumpling as "the baby" instead of "him." Knowing he's a boy has definitely helped motivate us to work on finding a name, but we are still undecided.
Symptoms: leg cramps, backache, and congestion which is causing ear stuffiness issues
Emotions: I'm in a pretty content place. I've had a pretty busy and tiring week, but my emotions feel fairly stable right now except that my heart is breaking for my best friend who is going through an incredible difficult situation with her own infant right now.
Looking forward to: I don't feel like there any big milestones coming up in the next month. One of my good friends is due on March 7th though, so I'm looking forward to meeting her little boy :)
Oh my gosh, look at you both. Dumpling is getting so big, and you are so beautiful together. I wish I could be there. Though I tried, I did not get enough one-on-one time with the baby at Christmas. i love you both.
ReplyDelete