Friday, March 9, 2012

28 Weeks

How far along? 28 weeks. March 8, 2012 - Third trimester, baby!
Weight: 148 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Now that I’ll be at the same school every day for two months, I’m trying to be more aware of my rotation of clothing. I was able to get away with more frequent repeat outfits when I was going to a different job every day. I’m hoping that the mild weather continues so that I can start wearing some of the lighter tops that friends have loaned me.
Stretch marks? Still haven’t found any. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way.
Sleep: I’ve been getting pretty good sleep overall. There are a few nights where I can’t get comfortable and spend some of the night tossing and turning, but fortunately it’s not more than twice a week. I’m expecting that to get worse this coming month though.
Exercise: I am still LOVING BodyFlow and have taken the Saturday yoga class a couple times. This last month, I averaged two to three times a week with a yoga/stretching routine and was good with strength training, continuing that two to three times a week as well. I have not been as good about hitting my ten miles each week. I usually get in one good three mile run with my friend Emily and then add an average of four to five extra miles on my own or at the gym. It has become what one of my friends calls “wogging.”
Best moment this month: There really was not much excitement this last month, baby-related or otherwise. Michael and I celebrated our last childless Valentine’s day by going to dinner and a movie. I enjoyed the crab cakes and chicken noodle soup at Ted’s Montana Grill while Michael got a green chile cheeseburger. We saw The Vow, which was pretty good but more rental good than theater good.
Miss anything? I miss feeling normal- being able to put on socks and shoes normally, bend over normally, lay down normally. So much of my everyday movements seem to be modified now that I miss the freedom of not having volleyball belly.
Movement: Absolutely one of my favorite parts of being pregnant is feeling the baby move. I often get distracted when I know he’s being particularly active because I just stare at my belly and watch him move.
Food Cravings: Mostly just generally hungrier. I do still eat more milk and cheese, and Cheez-its always sound great though I rarely get to eat them.
Gender: Boy. Nothing’s changed here J
Symptoms: I have started to get rather uncomfortable, and I know it’s only supposed to get worse this last trimester. My ribs on the right side hurt almost every day. I am constantly stretching and moving to try and expand that area; either that or I am pushing down on my ribs/belly to get him to move. I’m sure I look strange.
Emotions: My friend who was only 12 weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy had her baby boy last weekend, and I got to visit her and hold him the other day. It has been really fun being pregnant with her and watch her go through milestones that I know I’ll be hitting soon. Now that she has had the baby, it makes things feel more real for me. In just a few months, it will be my little boy that I get to hold.  So excited!
Looking forward to: Next week, Michael and I are driving to New York City for spring break. It will be our last pre-baby trip, and I am really looking forward to visiting friends there, seeing the city again, and eating at some great restaurants. It will also be nice to have people give me their seats on the subway J

No comments:

Post a Comment